August 31, 2010

Day 243


Blog readers, I have a confession to make. I did a bad, selfish thing today. I feel bad about it - but it is what it is. Are you ready to hear this? I failed to turn in a DVD back to the public library, which means it will be overdue. I did this on purpose. I know, I know - this is so terrible. Here's the whole story:

I checked out 2 DVDs a week ago, but I haven't had a chance to watch them yet. They were due today, so I had made myself a note to renew them this morning. When I went to renew them online, one of them couldn't be renewed because someone else had requested it. Problem was, I had left the DVDs at home, and I had to be at school until fairly late. So, I could either go home, pick up the DVD, drive back across town to the library, walk inside on a sore foot after a lot of other walking today, and drive back home (all while hungry), OR I could wait to take it back tomorrow when I have more time, pay the quarter (seriously, that's it?) fine, walk inside on a much-better-rested foot, and eat my humble pie. I chose pie. I do feel bad that whoever requested the DVD has to wait another day, but at the time, I thought it was (from a solely selfish perspective, of course) a good choice for me.

I should probably hang my shame curtains now. Bonus points if you get the reference.

1 comment:

  1. You're too hard on yourself, Sarah! An extra 24-hour wait and a 25 cent fine is worth taking care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete