August 2, 2010

Day 214

I got to check an item off my "Norman Bucket List" today! (In case I haven't mentioned it, this is my [mental] list of everything I want to do before we leave Norman.) Candace, Evyn, and I went to the Sam Noble Oklahoma Museum of National History on the OU campus. Since it was the first Monday of the month, the museum had free admission for everyone! We first went to their new (temporary) Chocolate exhibit. We weren't really supposed to take pictures in this exhibit, but we made an exception near the end when we saw these bonbon chairs:



Next we went through the permanent exhibits about the dinosaur eras, native Oklahoma history, and more! Here's Evyn and me checking out a few of the exhibits:



At this point, I am feeling obligated to point out that Candace was behind the camera for most of our visit to the museum. Apparently, I already have "Mom syndrome" when it comes to taking pictures (which I am told means that I put other people in them but leave myself out), so Candace volunteered to help remedy this problem. :) At any rate, moving along into the Oklahoma history-type exhibits... There is a very cool canoe you can climb into. I managed to squeeze in with Evyn for a nice shot...


... and a silly shot!



Before we left, we had to pose with the gigantic woolly mammoth statue. Evyn showed me the best way to pose (under the mammoth's foot)...


... and then played dead.


Naturally, I then had to pose under the woolly mammoth's foot. I went for the "oh my gosh, he's about to squash me like a bug" pose:


Finally, a shot of the entire woolly mammoth statue:


Such a fun afternoon with two of my favorite ladies! Thanks again to Candace for taking the bulk of these!

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely love the pics of the bon bon chairs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahhaha love the mammoth foot photos!!! hilarious.

    ReplyDelete