August 7, 2010

Day 219

Patrick and I have been meaning for a couple of years to make our way up to Stillwater and eat at Eskimo Joe's. We have even sort-of planned this a few times, but it has never worked out... until today. :) After a long, boring drive, we finally got to Eskimo Joe's around 12:30. We opted to sit at one of the bars rather than wait an hour and a half for a table, and it actually turned out to be really interesting to watch the bartender serve everyone seated at the bar, keep her area clean, make ice cream treats for her section of the restaurant, etc. Our food turned out to be pretty good, too. I had a bacon cheeseburger:


Patrick had more chicken and fries than he knew what to do with! But, the most exciting food portion of the trip was when I saw the bartender make an ice cream sundae for a birthday girl at a nearby table... and then I had to have one. It was so beautiful - caramel and chocolate sauce swirled in a martini glass, then ice cream, whipped cream, more sauce, and a cherry...


And believe me, it lived up to its outer beauty! :) As we were leaving, I snapped a picture of Eskimo Joe on a parking lot sign (since I felt he was a key part of a blog post about Eskimo Joe's):


We also got to see a bit of OSU's campus as we left Stillwater. All in all, a fun outing with my sweetie! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment