August 1, 2010

Day 213

Yesterday, Patrick and I went to Houston for my cousin Laura's wedding. On the way, we stopped at Buc-ee's convenience store (as suggested by Dr. Kloesel). The "mascot", if you will, for Buc-ee's is a beaver - he's even on their high-rise scrolling text sign:


This place is massive. It has all your normal convenience store stuff, plus a deli, homemade fudge, Dippin' Dots, a separate "outdoors" store... you get the idea. When we stopped here yesterday, I had just woken up from a nap, and the whole thing was pretty overwhelming in my groggy state!

The wedding was held outside at a fancy hotel in downtown Houston. Fortunately, the reception was inside. Unfortunately for my curled hair, the ceremony lasted just long enough for the Houston humidity to eat my hairstyle. Here's a picture of Patrick and me at the reception so you can see how my hair had deflated:


The photographer got a picture of me with my cousin, but unfortunately I don't have a copy yet. So, I took a picture of her bridal portrait so I could brag about what a beautiful gal I am related to!


(Sorry for the flash... but isn't she gorgeous???) Today, on the way back to Norman, we took a detour through Fort Worth to eat at Uno's Pizzeria. I've eaten at this chain in Washington, D.C., and this is the closest location to Norman. I was glad it was Sunday, because otherwise downtown Fort Worth would have been MUCH more stressful. Anyway, the pizza was amazing -- so amazing that I forgot to take a picture until I was almost finished. Hopefully this isn't too gross for the blog:


Congratulations to Laura and Francisco, and many thanks to Patrick for driving to Houston and back in the span of 36 hours!

No comments:

Post a Comment