October 28, 2010

Day 301

Remember our "earthquake damage" - a candle fell onto the stovetop? Well, tonight we got worse damage, but not from an earthquake. I baked cookies for Patrick's birthday tomorrow, and when I shut the oven door, a different candle fell and broke my spoonrest. To be fair, it's broken this way many times (and we just keep supergluing it back together), but it struck me as ironic that an earthquake didn't break anything, but simply closing the oven door did. I am probably going to have to admit defeat with the spoonrest like I did with the water bottle yesterday, but I just hate it because the spoonrest came from my grandmother's house.


Also, in response to last night's call for blog requests, I bring you the first of 65 inspirational quotes / songs:

Look at a day when you are supremely satisfied at the end. It's not a day when you lounge around doing nothing; it's when you've had everything to do, and you've done it. -- Margaret Thatcher

No comments:

Post a Comment