October 11, 2010

Day 284

I've been working on my dissertation for a few weeks, mostly writing very rough drafts of parts of chapters. I have been using colored highlighting in the Word files to remind me what actions need to be taken with various sections. For example, blue indicates a citation I need to look up later, while yellow indicates a section that hasn't been written yet (but has a heading in the document holding its place). I'm up to five colors (plus comment highlights), so today my dissertation made me think of a box of crayons. Naturally, I had to dig out the crayons Patrick gave me while we were dating and feature them in today's blog. (Apparently, he thought the coloring would help me relax, even then!) First, comparing the crayons to the Word document:


Then, a close-up of the crayons, just because it's fun:


No comments:

Post a Comment