October 18, 2010

Day 291

I taught for another teacher in the department today, and after the second class I taught for her, one of the students came up and asked if there was anything he could pray for me about today. I was taken aback by his boldness with someone he had just met, yet somewhat envious of his courage. He seemed truly interested in being a blessing to a total stranger and was willing to risk rejection to benefit someone else. He did pray with me for my dissertation, and then we chatted very briefly before parting ways. In the face of such servanthood, I am ashamed to admit I didn't think to ask if I could also pray for him. I may never see Alex again, but he sure made an impression on me. I didn't have a way to capture this experience with a picture, but I wanted to commemorate it in the blog.

1 comment: