September 16, 2010

Day 259

I got my hair cut this morning... not sure if you'll be able to tell from these pictures, but it has more layers and movement (supposedly). Keep in mind that I walked back to my office after the appointment, so the Oklahoma wind had its way with my hair.



Now on to more serious matters. Leaving the building yesterday, Candace and I saw this sign:


At first, I thought this was both funny and a bit sad. It could be taken as facetious, but it if it's serious, it's a sad look at our educational system. Then, I realized this is a play on a similar religious statement where "a scientist" is replaced with "God" or "The Bible" - and it made me even sadder. I sincerely hope this was not intended as a mockery of faith, but I guess I'll never know for sure. I also hope it doesn't negatively impact anyone else who sees it.

No comments:

Post a Comment