September 15, 2010

Day 258


A couple of months ago, I heard a radio DJ talk about how he and his wife make a big batch of waffles and freeze them, then heat them individually for their kids in the mornings. I thought, "I could do that. In fact, I could do that with the leftover blueberries in my freezer and make blueberry pancakes." So, I bought some wheat pancake mix (didn't even know it existed) and whipped up a big batch of blueberry pancakes. However, this week I have had trouble with the heating process. Yesterday, I discovered that the toaster oven doesn't get the centers warm without over-toasting the outsides. Today, I discovered that toaster + microwave still doesn't reach the desired temperature and consistency. Furthermore, I'm not sure I like homemade blueberry pancakes. I think I might have done better to use blueberry muffin mix as the base. At any rate, here are today's pancakes (pre-syrup, naturally). I'll have to keep improving on the details.

No comments:

Post a Comment