November 12, 2010

Day 316

Thanks to soon-to-expire Monopoly coupons, I had a free Egg McMuffin courtesy of McDonald's this morning:

I don't typically like to eat breakfast out, and I don't think I'll pick up the habit anytime soon (hey - I love my cereal in my pj's). But, it was kind of a nice change of pace for today.

I also wanted to give a quick glimpse into a common occurrence during football season around here. Technically, people aren't allowed to set up tents (etc.) for tailgating until noon on Friday. However, to save their spots, they come "camp out" on Friday mornings - EARLY. They do this on the street that runs beside the stadium, which also happens to be a main thoroughfare through campus, so I drive by them on my way in each Friday. Today, I tried to get some cell phone camera shots as I drove (so I apologize for the quality).


Tents sitting out on the grass, waiting to be constructed at noon.


They even bring out port-a-potties for the tailgaters!

What I can't figure out, though, is how these people have jobs that allow them to take off a half (or full) day on Friday so many times during football season! And, where can I get one? ;)

Quote of the Day: "There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure." -- Colin Powell

No comments:

Post a Comment