July 12, 2010

Day 193


Our coffee table. Two key things about this table: 1. When I started putting furniture back in place today, I could not for the life of me get this back in the "right" spot. I think I've got it close now... I hope. 2. This table has quite a history! It's a hand-me-down from my parents, and they had it FOREVER before we got it. I think you can see the big crack down the length of it. That's happened since we inherited it. Oklahoma had some particularly dry weather during the first couple of years we were married, and our table paid the price by cracking. :( I guess eventually we'll get rid of it, but for now, it just has a table runner covering the crack. The other important piece of history? When I was 4, I was doing somersaults off the arm of the couch (yes, after being told not to) and split my ear open on the edge of this baby. I had my first (and only, so far) stitches as a result of this table! And now, "Ode to Table" is complete... for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment