January 19, 2010

Day 19



(Warning:  This post may get nerdy.)  Ahhh, my pi clock.  Once I saw it and learned how it worked, I had to have it.  I got this beauty at a conference last August (but you can also get them here), and it is now proudly displayed in my office at school.  The time actually runs counterclockwise around this clock, starting with 2*pi (also known as 0 on the unit circle) as what is normally 12 o'clock.  Any particular multiple of pi/6 is that hour on the clock.  (That is, 11pi/6 is 11:00, etc.)  Knowing that, see if you can figure out what time it was when I took this picture!

4 comments:

  1. 3:25?! LOL...my hubby is awesome. haha
    i love this clock but it's so confusing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, that clock gives me a headache! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE THIS CLOCK!!!

    --Candace

    ReplyDelete