January 11, 2010

Day 11



One of the things I hate most about doing a big house-cleaning is that I get overwhelmed by the number of tasks to be completed.  (Keep in mind that I am very detail-oriented and count each teeny tiny bit of cleaning as a separate task in each room.)  So, a few weeks ago, it occurred to me that I would feel better knowing I had it all organized somehow AND perhaps I would be less averse to cleaning if I felt it had more structure.  Thus, a spreadsheet was born, and today I share it with you.  The columns indicate various types of chores, and the rows correspond to the different zones of the house where different chores need to be done.  I've even ordered the chores so that I don't accidentally, say, vacuum before I clean out a nasty light fixture.  Then, as I do the chores, I can highlight the ones that I've completed until the entire sheet is a different color.  :)  I do so enjoy crossing things off a list!

1 comment:

  1. hi-five! I'll make lists, but I haven't done zones or order of chores yet. Your nerdiness warms my heart.

    ReplyDelete