May 20, 2010

Day 140

Today, I discovered a five-year-old oopsie. I am still cleaning on our master bedroom closet, and I needed to sort through all the cards from our wedding five years ago. Inside one of them, I found this:


Yes, that's an unused gift card that I found inside an open card from a family friend. Apparently when I went through the cards immediately following the wedding, I accidentally stuck this one back in the envelope instead of in my bag of cards. To make matters worse, Linens'n'Things is now out of business except for their website, which will no longer accept their old gift cards. Ooooops. So, we're essentially out a wedding gift (and my pride). At least it wasn't worth too terribly much! :)

1 comment:

  1. One summer we bought gift cards as Christmas presents early because there was a fuel discount and every $50 you spent in GC you got 20 cents off per gallon of gas (up to 30 gallons). So we bought a Steal and Ale GC for my Papa, by the time Christmas came, they were out of business. I feel your pain.m:)

    ReplyDelete